What you need to find out about Egypt e-visa
With Egypt being among the preferred holiday destinations, and also a large number of business opportunities, it is essential that the Visa process to be made easier.
The e-Visa for Egypt is an online travel authorization designed for citizens that desire to travel to Egypt for tourism. This system accelerates the application procedure to have new visas. The visitors can choose between a single or multiple-entry visa for Egypt, in accordance with the duration of your visit.
You can obtain this Egypt e-Visa without going to the embassy, just via an online application. This new procedure was implemented by the Egyptian government.
e-visa Egypt requirements
There are several prerequisites the holidaymakers need to bear in mind in order to be able to acquire the Electronic Travel Authorization to enter Egypt. Listed below are the most crucial ones:
- You should have a valid passport which will not expire for at least 8 months.
- Just 7 nations are visa-exempt: Malaysia, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macao, as well as the United Arab Emirates.
- Please note that there are several kinds of visas, so you must see if your nationality is qualified to receive the online visa or for the one to have on arrival.
- Once you have the confirmation that you can submit an application for an electronic visa, make sure to accomplish the online form without mistakes.
- Make use of your debit or credit card to cover the associated fee.
- A main page of your passport is needed, so make sure you get a scan or image of it to upload.
- After you obtain the electronic visa you have to print a copy of it to present it to the Egyptian border.
What to select between a single-entry visa or a multiple-entry visa
Whether you are making an application for a Visa on arrival or e-Visa, you must choose its type. Based on how you planned your vacation, you can make the best choice:
Single-entry Egypt Visa
This kind lets a 1 month stay and are also valid for six months, starting the issue date. When vacationing with a team, one person can apply online for all the vacationers, but every one of them must complete and sign their own forms. This doesn’t apply for guardians or parents, who will sign the applications for their young children.
If you intend to pay a visit to the Sinai Red Sea resorts for less than 15 days, you can do this having a visa-exempt stamp you get on arrival. Keep in mind that you’ll need a single entry Visa throughout the country, though.
If you are merely passing through Egypt and it will take less than 48 hours, you do not need to obtain a Visa.
Multiple-entry e-Visa for Egypt
In case you decided to take a number of visits to Egypt, you should get the multiple-entry one. This way you could leave and come back as you please. This type of Visa cannot be acquired on arrival, so you must request for it in advance. It will let you stay for 30 days maximum during a 90 day period, containing multiple entries.
In case you decided to work in Egypt and are needing a long-term visa, first you must have a multiple-entry one. This will ease your way to apply for a work permit and get back whenever needed.